Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Days 3 & 4

I totally copy-cat'ed Emma and made a workout calendar. There's just something so invigorating about putting a big red X through the workouts/days completed.

Day 3 Total Calories: 1308

I ate really lean throughout the day, and for dinner had a boiled pastrami sandwich on a whole wheat bulkie roll. This is one of my favorite quick meals, and I normally would eat two on white bulkies. Having just 1, and sticking with whole wheat, I kept the calorie total to 310 calories including my mustard. I stopped after 1, and normally I would have had another... I waited and really felt like I was satisfied. I need to remind myself of this often. I'm notorious for eating just because something is tasty, and not because I am particularly hungry.

Exercise: Cardio X

Cardio X was fucking awesome. I really love that workout. I did much better then I did the first go round as I was more comfortable with the moves and progression. It didn't take me as long to wrap my head around "jab, cross, hook, uppercut" combinations, etc. So I feel I got the full value of the workout. Bonus? My son joined in and did it with me toward the end! He wanted to exercise with Mommy. :D Reason number 1 million why I am doing this? Do be a better role model for my son.  Check! His favorite was the squat run. Which he really felt was just crouching down and throwing punches. He's 3 1/2 and kept saying things like "Wow you're doing really good, Mom" - best kid ever!

Day 4 Total Calories: 1530

Exercise: Spartan 300
Time: 25:56

I did not do well on the Spartan. I broke down many of the workouts into 3 sets of 10, taking a rest in-between. My time is above, but it's not really a complete time as I did not do 100% of the workouts as instructed.

squats - 30 in a row without issue
pushups - 3 sets of 10 from knees - but no real issue
lunges - 30 in a row but harder than I anticipated
opposite knee to elbow - fuck off. I ended up doing these like 6 at a time: yikes!
jumping jacks - 30 in a row without issue
walking plank - fell on my face, literally. I only did about 15 of these. I kept trying after that for a little while, but it just wasn't happening. 
squat thrust - this one was a joke. at this point I was exhausted  and I'm not even sure I can call what I was doing squat thrusts. It was more like flailing my legs back and forth. this one needs work.
tricep dips - 3 sets of 10 - the last two in each set burned like hell, but I completed them.
situps - I modified here. I can not do a regular situp. I did 3 sets of 10 leg lifts in it's place.
burpees - Not only did I not finish these, but I think I may have blacked out because I have no idea how many I did.

I know my bud did this badass workout in a humbling 17 minutes, and freaking smoked me. But I'm okay with that. I know I pushed myself to the limit, and a little bit beyond. I'll get there. 

A couple hours after doing the Spartan, Patrick and I walked down the road to watch the 4th of July parade. I walked him back on my shoulders, so I'll add that in as a bonus workout for the day. My body is aching from my shoulders to my calves, and tomorrow is a much needed rest day. 

Triumph note: I have completed through day 4 without a single Pepsi or beer! I am going to a big party on Saturday, so no doubt I will have my beers then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment