Friday, January 25, 2013

Deja vu

I feel fantastic today. It's absolutely freezing outside, and has been that way most of this week. Usually, that makes me want to curl up on the couch, eat soups, stews, comfort foods etc while watching mindless tv and passing the time. However this week after working, cooking dinner for the family & getting my little man snuggly into bed -- I've hit the gym. The place has been a ghost town this week because no one wants to venture outside. Being there makes me feel like I'm conquering the lazies.

My hard work has paid off. I have lost 11 pounds since the start of this challenge. That's 5.37% of my body weight - not too fucking shabby, if you ask me!

I was joking with Emma not too long ago that I know I have said (many times in fact) that this time feels different. This time it's going to stick. As the words leave my lips...err...fingers, I almost want to laugh at myself. But I'm not going to. I won't turn what I'm feeling into a joke.

I'm exploring new ways of eating. I'm exploring new foods that are healthy yet incredibly satisfying (who knew?) I have not had that familiar feeling of deprivation since starting this challenge.  That is something I want to hold on to.

2 comments:

  1. Every time you do this you learn something new about yourself. All to often we think about the end result and not the journey that will get us there. I would be more worried if you stopped getting the "this time it will be different feeling," because that feeling is ultimately hope, and hope is the only thing that got you and I to put some running clothes on and get our asses on the track in 20 degree weather. Hell without you, and your motivation, I wouldn't have done half the things I've done in my life. So far, you are doing fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Hope is exactly what it is. Hope masquerading as confidence. :)

    ReplyDelete